Tuesday 18 October 2011

Reply from the council

Well, after a few months of persistance I have finally seen some progess from the city council with regard to the paths, roads and kerbs around th ecollege that are completely inaccessible to the mobility impaired. I have posted up some of my previous letters on this blog and have finally received a responce form the Senior Engineer Billy Dunne who has informed me that the council have applied for a grant to completely renovate the area surrounding Distillery road and that he expects work to commence in March of next year. While this is a long time frame this is a fantastic result and I will look forward to seeing some progress in tis area. Bit by bit I can see this campus and its surrounding environs improve when it comes to the issue of access. I consider this a small victory for myself as access was one of the main points I made for my manifesto when I ran for this position along with the promise of bringing more music to campus which I am engaging in bigtime. Forward the revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment